Teach My Kid to Read tells stories and creates educational content about learning differences like dyslexia. Our programs create awareness and educate and empower teachers, students and parents to help more kids learn to read the way they need to learn.
Teach My Kid to Read has three major programs:
1.Who’s Teaching the Teachers-Who’s Teaching the Teacher comprises our educational initiatives to create open-access content for higher education and other teacher training programs.
2. What Parents Need to Know-What Parents Need to Know includes our educational initiatives, including live educational events, that provide essential information about reading instruction/intervention and navigating the educational system.
3.Teach My Kid to Read Media Program-Our media program includes our blog posts and other media projects that support and educate teachers, advocates and parents about the fundamentals of reading and important issues relevant to teaching reading and obtaining appropriate services. Blog posts are currently organized into the following categories:
- Our Stories-We are Here
- Interviews & Perspectives
- The Educational System & Learning Differences
- Adoption & Learning Differences
- Social-Emotional Learning & Learning Differences
- Educational Technology & Learning Differences
Teach My Kid to Read is highly collaborative and always open to partnering with other organizations dedicated to improving literacy outcomes so all kids learn to read.